Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Day in the Life: A Long Sentence

Waking up in the morning on a weekday is always a challenge and an adventure because not only do I have to get myself ready for the day, but my wife, my son and my daughter as well, and I say this not because my wife is an invalid, or because my children are necessarily lazy, but it's just that of everyone in the family, it seems that I am the one who is THE MOST anal about little things like "sense of urgency" and "on time is too late" so I tend to subject myself to a seemingly never ending cycle of love and repetition that begins with a short quick prayer in the morning, blending almost seamlessly with an early morning walk with my wife, followed by preparing breakfast for everyone, while simultaneously getting the kids dressed while my wife showers for work, then badgering the kids about brushing their teeth while I sign homework and notebooks before rushing everyone out of the door and into the car at 7:15 so that they can be on time to work and school even though in my opinion on time is too late and I REALLY need to take a mental day!

No comments:

Post a Comment